Skip to main content
AFT8 NinjaTrader 8 charts are frozen or not moving
NT8 Charts loaded but are not moving or are frozen
- Check all instruments are rolled to the current contract -
- Check via: Control Center > Tools > DataBase Management
- Rollover and Save any changes to the workspace
- Close the workspace
- Restart NT8
- Make sure no charts open - Close workspace.
- Connect to a datafeed
- is it green connected
- any errors in the control center log window?
- Test the Data Feed is working with basic charting:
- Open a 3 day lookback 30minute chart, daily chart and a range 20
- is there data loaded and moving?
- If not plesae contact the broker or datafeed provided
- If data test worked - please open a turnkey workspace lite such as "Trend Scalper or Session Breakout Lite"
- If not moving, please check for error in the control center log
- Workspaces Turnkey or Custom
- It could be the workspace if not a turnkey is corrupt and will need rebuilding
- If turnkey a re-install of workspaces should fix but you may need to rollover contracts
- If none of that fixed it please contact support with details of what step is not working etc so we can inspect PC remote in.,
- Support can be got via the trading group and email
- Trading Group forum for tech support and education – Algo Futures Trader Help Center (zendesk.com)