The Trend is your friend until the end, let winners run and cut your losers.
Note: You trade out from the session open - and do not take reversal trades back to the open from the high or low etc. - you let it run and trail.
Click here for trading video of the live market using the turnkey workspace provided by the installer
With this system you enter with the trend momentum and direction of the market from the session open when there is statistically momentum and direction caused by the NYSE open. So you would be looking to get in a trade from 9.30EST to 11AM as a guide.
Get in a trade as early as possible and avoid chop and false signals, but get an entry price near the session open price, so that there is a high probability of a run leading to a profit. As opposed to getting in later at the high and trend exhaustion or requiring a larger stop loss to weather pullback continuations or chop and noise.
AFT System Details
Using the Daily Session Fib Grid signals indicator as the system base, signals are taken above or below the Daily Session Fib Grid - "No Trade Zone" NTZ within a % above and below that area - called the trading zone, the area is set by the "SFG Proximity Filter % "
The SFG Fib Grid provides a map of price as a grid of %. The open is F0%. +f100% is the daily expected high and -f100% is the daily expected low.
So you can say the ES went from the open - f0% to -f25% then back to + f75% and so that would mean the market hit 100% of its daily expected range- but was both bearish and bullish on that day.
So we can use the grid for entry's, targets, stops and as a filter. So the trading zone where we take signals as trades as a region could be +F31% of the Daily SFG Grid above and -f31% below -this region can be increased or decreased to suit trading style.
AFT PDF Trading Signals Basics Guide
AFT7 Session Open Breakout Trading Signal Types, please see this guide which is a basic intro and guide to day trading futures with AFT in a session breakout mode: https://algofuturestrader.s3.amazonaws.com/AFT-Trade-Plan-System-Rules.pdf
- AFT SFG Breakout Trader-0000A-Generic-Micros
aimed at Semi Automatic and Fully Automated Trader in attendance
Tom Leeson of MicroTrends a professional hedge fund algo trader, inventor of the AFT SFG Session Breakout style of trading system to setup a workspace that he would personally consider tradeable for a semi automated and fully automated approach with trader in attendance for day trading – also utilizing the trend correlation market analyzer and a 4 view of MES, MYM, M2K and MNQ micro futures.. The system is setup to enter the market at NYSE open 9.30AM and trade the morning session and afternoon optionally. Daily Money management goal $200 USD profit lock per session, 3lots over 2 brackets. Apparently the reason for this is that the 1st target takes out 66% of the position size providing a mathematical profit breakeven without the need to trail in the stop loss so allowing the trade room to breathe.
AFT is 100% free for sim, demo, replay testing & practice futures trading
- AFT is 100% free forever for sim, demo, replay, back testing, forward testing for all futures
- AFT is 100% free to learn to trade and get Funded
- AFT 100% free automated futures day trading system
- Visit us at https://algofuturestrader.com/
AFT Guidance & Support
- Please see AFT7 troubleshooting common errors for more info
- For AFT Fast Start guide please see below or visit the AFT 24/7 help center
- For technical support or pre sales queries, please Submit a Help Desk Ticket Online
AFT7 Related Links
- AFT7 help guide core articles to get started trading
- Getting Started Trading Futures with Algo Futures Trader 7
- AFT7 Install connect and trade with turnkey workspaces
- AFT7 Video Guides
- AFT7 system overview of components
- AFT7 Session Open Breakout Trading Basics
- AFT7 TrendOmeter Basics
- AFT7 How to view, change account, settings and save your own templates and workspaces
- AFT7 troubleshooting common errors
For more guidance tips tricks and videos please connect to AFT