Download historical data
NOTE: For both scenarios you will need to download historical data for the test period and for market replay additional day by day download for the same period of time
AFT BackTesting is possible in 3 ways
1)Manual: Load more day in the chart and scroll backwards and enter trades entry and exits in Excel - you can link charts and scroll if need
2) Run the NT AFT7 Strategy - this is a simple signal test not the full gamut
3) Use NT Replay and the walk forwards and then run the whole system Note: you will to create other charts and link them for gaps or other data For external nuances such as alphabias that is realtime only - so you can test a baseline and variant but hybrid trading is hard to test as there are so many 100s of variables at any time - so realtime for that only and a stats diary.
Market Replay Step by Step
Please note: a sample workspace AFT SFG Breakout Trader-REPLAY can be saves to your PC folder "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Workspaces" You may have to rollover the contract or change instrument.
1) Prepare data, settings, replay period and workspace
- Download replay data
- Close all other charts and instruments
- Connect replay
- Set Correct replay date and year
- save as new workspace - AFT7 Replay etc.
2) Set Accounts
- NT7- Chart trader = Replay 101
- AFT7 - NinjaBuddy = Replay 101
3. press play
4) right click the market replay controller and go to the active session time - eg after the Sunday open so ticks and data are moving.
5) verify the replay 101 account is in view and connected bottom right
and bid/asks appear
6) Test you can enter a position and both AFT7 and NT Chart Trades see the same position
Close the position and you are not ready for trading - but 1 final task set the Automation on if you are going to take automated trades
AFT7 Replay quick check
1) Download replay data for the instrument at least 7 days is recommended
2) close all other charts except the chart you want to replay on
3) connect to replay and make sure the ticks are working on the chart - test
4) edit the AFT7 settings account to Replay - restart AFT7/refresh the chart -save workspace
5) restart the AFT7 Algo Pro Trader
6) try a manual trade on chart trader replay account- and close it - test
7) try a manual trade in aFT7 Ninjabuddy replay account - and close it - test
8) check signals appear on chart for the AFT7 - test
9) signals should be taken same as realtime. -test
10) Make sure automated trading is on
Note: Account balance and positions will appear in control center - each time you restart the stats are lost.
NinjaTrader 7 Market Replay Links
1) Change the account and saving the workspace
2) Set display on the chart orders positions to the new account