- For all new install, re-install - for all product and settings, workspaces downloads and information visit the AFT downloads page and click the downloads link to open the AFT Downloads Guidance PDF
- Pay close attention to the sections marked as "important" in large red writing, please read these sections before asking support questions self assisted support model applies.
- Make sure your NinjaTrader was installed with default installer settings so it is installed in the correct location. - e.g. click yes all the way do not change things during setup.
- Verify and change operating system time zone and language settings are correct before you Install NinjaTrader 7
- Within NinjaTrader 7 setup a datafeed with historical intraday data such as the NinjaTrader free data demo or kinetick premium datafeed as provided by NinjaTrader
- Prepare NinjaTrader rollover contracts to the current futures expiry to see how to do this view NinjaTrader 7 Rolling Contracts
- Download Historical Data Connect to a data feed with intraday historical data and Open the NinjaTrader Historical data manager - and download tick, minute, day 15 days look back - view AFT7 Historical data Back testing and market replay testing
- Close NinjaTrader
- Download the relevant AFT download and install from the installation links in the download guide
- Open the AFT7 Turnkey workspace and wait for the charts to appear
- Verify the correct futures contracts are displayed for the current futures and change the instrument on the chart and save the workspace with the updated instruments
- Connect to data feed
- The charts will reload the first time NT will be slow as it loads bars and creates a bar cache - this should be complete by 2 to 5minute depending on disk speed and if you have downloaded historical data prior - restart and try again if this goes on for more than 5 minutes.
- When the data has stopped loaded the AFT Algo pro trader system will appear on the right.
- You can now enable the system for automated trading on the sim or place trades manually
- SAVE TIME For all questions first see the downloads guide, help quick guide or search the online help guides 99% of questions are answered if not ask a support request and we will provide the answer.
Please note If you still got issues after the above please contact support via a new support request so we can assist and resolve - for premium remote assistance is provided etc.
Additional Notes for AFT7 for NinjaTrader 7
- The NinjaTrader website is not easy to use or see where to get the NinjaTrader 7 platform, please look for Prior Versions on the downloads page in small print - below where you download NinjaTrader 8
- If you are installing NinjaTrader - it will want .Net 3.5 framework and this has to be installed on your PC to use it - download and install it from here.